Friday, March 26, 2010

More art than you may want to view

Thinking about today "backwards" -- this evening we went to the public opening of the SaRtQ art exhibition that included work by "my design prof". It was interesting -- the artists have formed a group working in Sarasota and the exhibition demonstrated the process that each one uses to create his or her painting, sculpture, photos, mixed media, whatever. Jeff's paintings were of the Hob Nob -- a "famous lunch place" in town: there was a series of finished paintings under different lights, his drawings and photos used for the paintings, photos of his studio and a description of how he generates ideas and works on the painting. Each of the 14 artists had a similar presentation. I was fascinated. It made me reflect -- again-- on the "behind the scenes" or process work of an artists/designer, and how this corresponds -- or not-- with the working processes of managers. Much more deliberate, much longer, and with different expectations/aims (I don't want to use "goals.") More thinking is needed.

This morning I did finish my four "boards" for the color assignment due on Sunday -- two with four colors that look like 3, two with three colors that look like 4.
Here are photos, but the colors are not like the originals.
I don't think you can tell which pair is which from
these photos. (One has twodifferent combinations of 3 colors, one has two different combinations of 4 colors.) Now I need to work on my BDL logo so I can learn from the crit of that assignment on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment