Friday, March 19, 2010

Just do it ..

Today's design analogy is having a major research paper due in a few days, when it's best to sit and slog through the needed work. ... I settled down this morning to complete two more "lily boards" -- warm color and saturated color palettes. It took the best part of the day, with breaks for a beach walk and lap swimming. Plain ole work -- not exactly hard, sometimes tedious, trying not to "blow it off". I'm not sure about the red palette result -- but I have made up my mind not to do anything about it until Sunday, or after I've finished all five palettes.
I have the last two for tomorrow -- a neutral palette (as I used for the Great Wall) and my personal palette. How ornery will I be feeling? Will I want to do something bizarre like reversing expected colors or picking random colors, or will I stay true to the intention of the exercise? At this point I have no idea how I will react -- check back tomorrow for the results!

Here's a diversion from the beach scene!






No comments:

Post a Comment