Thursday, March 11, 2010

99% perspiration

Today was grey and windy with thunder in the air: No beach walk, no swimming.

Instead I worked for several hours preparing my color assignments:
measuring and cutting the colored paper, placing it on the background in the exact location, and anchoring it temporarily with removable transparent tape. You can't tell from the photos, but the equilateral triangles are made up of three isosceles triangles with two tints of red (warm) and a tint of yellow. Tomorrow I will anchor the little bits of paper with rubber cement to complete the task. It all took a surprisingly long time, and required concentration and attention to detail, even if this part of the process will be invisible in the final piece. I suppose it's analogous to the grunt work of a literature search and selection before completing the text of the review.

After several emails to Sweden I have a new email account there -- except I can't access that one either! More's to be done tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment