Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14

Here's the post (some of) you have been anticipating! In favor of The Day, we had not one but two pies, and what is more, I assigned the letter X to the savory pie (on right). Some would call it Quiche, but for me it is a cheese pie with an X ingredient, which might be bacon, or ham, or broccoli or mushroom or ... or some combination of the above.
I'm so happy to have conquered X. But if anyone has a recipe for a different X pie, please send it to me.

The other pie was the V -- vanilla cream. The recipe was a quick one that required little effort --
-- and the results showed it -- oops!
(And apologies for the green hue.)
Maybe chilling longer or even freezing will help the structure
Either way it barely earned a one-pie rating on the five scale.

I have just two pies left in my quest to complete the while alphabet: N and U. Both recipes are in Connecticut, so I'll make them once we return north.

My design news of the day is in a separate post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment